Sunday, January 31, 2016

MOLECULAR COMMUNION

#1511, Ink and watercolor suspended in polyvinyl resin glue, latex paint on cradled wood panel, 36" x 36"

Individual related formulas (small cells) are linked around communal pools (large cells) into which they are introduced together to interact freely (see communion).

The wood grain of the support panel is exposed here (sealed with several coatings of glue) in order to make the linear linkages visible.

Really had my "mad scientist" hat on here.

Click on image to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. I'm going back and looking at this work (I'd only been looking at your FB images) and this one really kicks ass. You've really taken this to a new level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I lend your "mad scientist"" hat because I really, really need it. Your work is amazing and I can only hope that mine will look similar one day.

    ReplyDelete